About Colosseum Tour
The Colosseum of Rome has been a symbol of the city since 80 AD and is regarded as one of Italy’s most important structures. Around 50,000 people packed the amphitheater’s tiered seats to watch the gladiatorial fights. Despite the fact, the parts of its original marble facade were stolen over the years to build structures such as St. Peter’s Basilica, the Colosseum is still remarkably intact after 2,000 years.
The Colosseum, after the Vatican, is Italy’s second most visited destination, with millions of people each year. So, what does this imply? It means that long waits for tickets and enormous crowds will be unavoidable. There’s almost no possibility of getting into the Colosseum without a fuss or a big line if you don’t have special access to skip-the-line tour tickets. That is why taking a guided tour of the Colosseum is the best way to see the monument. While strolling with an experienced guide, you can learn about the monument’s history. The best part is that you won’t have to queue for tickets.
There are a variety of Colosseum tour options accessible to you. These tours are appropriate for people of all ages and interests. A Colosseum underground tour, for example, is a network of passages that runs directly beneath the stadium floor. A small-group guided tour of the Colosseum’s third tier is also available. Perhaps a night tour of the Colosseum, which provides relief from the heat of the day while still providing an unnerving experience, is what you’re searching for. Walking into the Colosseum without having to wait in line will put a grin on your face, regardless of which style of Colosseum guided tour you choose.
You can also take a guided tour of the Colosseum to learn more about this well-preserved Roman monument and its historical significance by choosing from group tours, private tours, or self-guided audio tours.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled start time to ensure that you have enough time to find your Colosseum guided tour meeting location.
- While there are a few on-site restrooms in the Colosseum, the lines might be long. So, be ready!
- There are no luggage amenities, restaurants, or cafes on the premises.
- Security is required at all entries to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill.
- Only small bags are permitted into the Colosseum; this check cannot be avoided and is required for the protection of all visitors.
- People with impaired mobility can easily enter the Colosseum because walkways are indicated along all available routes. Some excursions may not be wheelchair accessible, so double-check the tour information or book a private Colosseum tour.
- It is highly suggested that you get your tickets in advance online and plan on spending most of your day at the Colosseum.
- The cost of a Colosseum tour varies, ranging from 30€ to 100€ or more. The price and duration of the tour will be determined by the type of tour you select – express, underground, or arena.
Know Before You Go
Covid Safety measures:
- All locations where customers tend to meet are cleaned on a regular basis
- The number of visitors is limited to minimize overcrowding
- Customers are asked to bring and use face masks
- Customers must undergo a necessary temperature check
- Social distancing requirements must be observed within the monument